Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broken 620 axle...help?

dallenx

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I'll be in touch with my local tractor people tomorrow. FYI, I looked in the original parts book that came with the tractor and it shows one part number for the model 616 and another part number for the axle of the 620.

In the search for better traction, I put Cat '0' pins thru a 55gal drum and hooked it up to the three point lift on my 620. With about 500lbs of pea gravel in the drum, I had a lot better traction but.... While in the driveway two days ago the tractor quite moving. When I bought the tractor, one of the problems was the inside nut was off the right side axle. So...I thought OK, now it's time to rebuild the left side. Nope, no such luck. As I pulled the tire off, the bolt plate came with it and the axle shaft stayed in. It broke in between the outer seal and the outer bearing. To much weight on the rear end huh? Anyone know if all the Powermax rear axles are the same? Anyone know where I can find one?