Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
jackcobb

Spring Fever

jackcobb
Got a chance to try out my new 917H today. It's 60 degrees here west of Indianapolis. Stopped at Foster Bros Grain elevator and picked up 13 bags of triple 12. Got home and spread it on the lawn with the 917 and Agri-Fab spreader. Tractor ran great. may put a set of lugged tires on it and weights and chase those Cadets and Deere's at a few plow days this spring? It's got more giddy-up than the B-212!

Simpleton7016
Hey Jack....hope you are enjoying your new surroundings. That 912 I bought from you is working great! Dave installed a low hours 16 horse briggs, BLT helped me convert it to a hydrolift....and now she is a real worker! Thanks for the sweet machine and I hope you have the same good fortune as you rebuild your fleet! Your old fleet was quite impressive!! Didi you keep anything? Erik

jackcobb
I kept all of my restored large A-C's. 190 XT, WD 45 diesel, RC and the D-15 diesel. On the Lawn and Garden side, I kept my restored 720 that's pictured in my profile, a restored B-212, A Homelite 12HP (I got from SmilinSam), thatcher, mid-mount blade, sickle bar and a Brinley plow I use on the B-212 at plow days. In the process of putting up a new pole barn, so I can bring all the toys home. One load is up in a barn in WI still and the other is at my brothers in Ohio. Should be good to go early this summer!