Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Prices

jerjer1967

I agree with Maynard. Price depends on condition, area of the country, running or not, local market conditions, lots of variables involved.

Whatever you are comfortable paying. Sometimes they go for $35 in good condition. Other time a skelton that has a tree growing up the center of it goes for $300.

Welcome to the club, Jeremy. You're in a part of the country where there are a lot of these gems out there, give yourself some time and you'll find a sweetheart of a tractor in need of TLC. Out here in the midwest, not so many. :( Watch ebay for a while and you'll get ideas. -Don

Welcome; and it will also depend if it has hydro lift, high low, right hand lift lever, and or other hard to find add ons.

"a tree growing up the center of it goes for $300." Man, does that sound like my B-112, think I gave 250 for it after I cut down half a dozen willow bushes 2 inches in dia.:D

quote:
Originally posted by jerjer1967
HI, I was wondering if anyone out there has a guess on the price of an Allis Chalmers B-112.
The ones I see for sale are always priced about $200 more than I would want to pay...:Y In Western PA, a good-running three-speed B is around $400, with no attachments or hydraulics. I've seen attachments alone go for over $400. Even if you figure you've got the price right (if you're the seller), you still have to get someone to shell out the clams. THEN, you'll know what it's worth. Tacey

This is a patient man's game. If you declare you are a tractor collector and rush out to fill your stables you will invariably pay way to much. However, doing your research and getting smart will get you the best deals. keep your eyes open, be nice and most of your finds will be free or dman near. AS a gauge, $200 should buy alot in Old lawn tractor land.

I bought the Simplicity equivalent to the B-112 a year or so ago for a little under $300 on ebay. It had a hydro lift and came with a deck, snow blower, vacuume collection system, wheel weights and chains etc. If you can be patient and end up in the right place at the right time you can make out. Some people get them for free! Welcome to the club! Most folks here are friendly & helpful. Good luck, John

quote:
Originally posted by msasso
This is a patient man's game. If you declare you are a tractor collector and rush out to fill your stables you will invariably pay way to much. However, doing your research and getting smart will get you the best deals. keep your eyes open, be nice and most of your finds will be free or dman near. AS a gauge, $200 should buy alot in Old lawn tractor land.
I must run in the wrong circles, 'cause any time I've seen these tractors for sale, anything that runs is not free or dman near. I've gone to auctions, and I always had a flock of guys bidding these things up. Maybe your part of NY is different from Pittsburgh. After a while, it gets frustrating, and I end up paying, maybe too much. But at least I have my tractors. :D I now hace three, two being bought thru here at the club classifieds. Tacey

I bought this load of parts sight unseen for $200.00 you might be able to spot the two Hydro lifts in the front 2 36" snow blowers with hitches, 32" rototiller with PTO, 2 rear ends one variable and one 3 speed 3 BGB's, one 10hp engine, one 12hp engine, one 42" plow 2 mower decks one 42" one 48", two front ends with wheels and tires and boxes of misc. parts. While picking up the parts the guy said if some one offers me a decent price for that B-110 I will give them that 3012. I didn't really want the B-110 but it did have a hi/lo on it and it ran good. The 3012 had a hydro lift and only needed a wheel bearing. I ended up buying the B-110 for $250.00 and got the 3012 free. A friend wanted the 3012 knowing i got it free offered me $300.00 for the 3012 at first I refused as I didn't want to sell it a couple months later I let him have it. I sold the tiller for $100.00 and the two engines and one front end for $150 and several other small parts for around $100.00. I bought a 3212H this fall with two 48" decks 42" blower 2 blower hitches one for FDT"s one for RBT's and A tiller PTO for $125.00, it needed a gas tank and a hood which I had. I have two HB-212's I have $310.00 in one with a 48" deck and two sets of wheel weights and $180 in the other one.

I have $305.00 invested in this HB-112 with hydro lift, 48" deck, 46" remote angle plow.

I have $400.00 Invested in this 7117S 48" deck with leaf vac and lawn cart. The deals are out there if you wait. So was my guesstimate out of line and insulting?

My B-112 is in fairly desent condition... It would come with the 42" dozer blade for the front, and the 48" mower deck. The tractor has run, but I am going to be rebuilding the motor. It comes with wheel chains. It has a Left-Hand Lift Bar and Hi-Lo variable speed. I live in Western New York, about an hour and a half South of Buffalo. I will post befor and after pics soon, however my tractor is in a shed out in my backyard, so I can't get to it.

quote:
So was my guesstimate out of line and insulting?
Not out of line. Your numbers run the usual range, however, Jeremiah was asking for help and you gave little. This site was founded by people that were willing to helping others. For the most part that's still the way it is and I hope will stay. When someone asks for help and you're tired of the question, then don't answer it! When someone's drowning, you don't throw then a rock, you try to help. That's just my opinion, John

quote:
Originally posted by John_RI
I bought the Simplicity equivalent to the B-112 a year or so ago for a little under $300 on ebay. It had a hydro lift and came with a deck, snow blower, vacuume collection system, wheel weights and chains etc. If you can be patient and end up in the right place at the right time you can make out. Some people get them for free! Welcome to the club! Most folks here are friendly & helpful. Good luck, John
I've watched eBay for years now. I have had one occaision to see a B listed that was within a 2 hour drive. I went to look at it, just to actually see one in person. This B was well-used, dirty, a little rusty, ran only "OK", and included only the deck. No hydraulics. It ended up going for over $400. Incredible. I had half-a-Saturday invested, 20 dollars in gasoline, and still no B. A few months later, a local auction house had a 700 series Allis with hydro tranny but no hydro lift, a mowing deck, a vacuum leaf setup (generic cart), and snow blade. I sat around that auction for two hours, finally the tractor came up. The bidding shot up thru $1,000 in the first 4 bids. I had set my limit at $600. It just gets frustrating after awhile. Another time, another auction, a Simplicity Sovereign from around 1974. Hydro, hydro lift, and a deck. No other attachments. This tractor was really well-used. Again, bid up thru the $1000 mark. Another half-day shot. I am amazed when I see what guys get for $200 - 300. Tacey

quote:
Originally posted by jerjer1967
HI, I was wondering if anyone out there has a guess on the price of an Allis Chalmers B-112.
quote:
Originally posted by UCD
And the winner gets !!!!!!!! $0.01 - $1,000.00
quote:
Originally posted by John_RI
Jeremiah was asking for help and you gave little. That's just my opinion, John
He asked for a guess ( a very general question ) and that is what I gave him ( a very general answer ). I guess the problem is I didn't add enough smileys :(! ^ :I 8) :) }:) :D 8D :o) :X :p ;) sm01 sm03 sm04 4i 4i sm05 &:)

I See what you all mean about prices varying so much... For example ebay has a tiller, a B-12, and a sickle bar each priced at less than $300. I have also seen just the variable pulley pull over $100. So thanks for all the help, and look for my tractor on ebay.

you should also get the local want ad and try craigslist.com keep looking look in yards as you drive around.

Larry, it appears that he is just trying to sell it. So I don't think he'll be rubber necking around the neighborhood!:D

Tacey, Last summer, my oldest son bought a 64 Landlord out of central PA for only $52 in an ebay auction. It was missing the hood and rear fenders. It runs great and after I gave him a hood and fenders, he uses it constantly. Notice that was $52.00, not a typo. There are cheap ones around. I bought a 7116H from eastern shore of MD for only $258. There was a 3212V with a great mower and rototiller that was given away for free here in the town where I live. Unfortunately for me, Roy beat me to that one. I did end up with the tiller, so I am happy. Point is that the bargains are out there if you wait and watch for them. They don't wait for anyone, so you have to be able to snatch them immediately. You can never get a bargain by planning for it to happen. That only gets you the going rate. Bargains happen at the least expected and least convenient times.

What any given item is worth in a private sale breaks down to two basic things on the buyers and sellers parts. 1) How motivated the seller is and what he is willing to sell it for. 2) How much the buyer is willing to pay and how much does he want it. Both are not predictable at any given moment. What an item is worth at auction is very unpredictable as it requires at least 2 or more motivated buys 1) an auction with only one buyer is not an auction but does establish worth if seller is willing to sell at offered price. 2) Two informed buyers bidding and winning bidder buying at a reasonable price he set for him self based on market knowledge establishes worth. 3) Two bidders with an own it at any cost attitude creates a false inflated price and the only one that wins is the seller. The good outcome of this type of bidding is that it brings like items out of the wood work and prices settle back to about where they should be. Case in point the $700.00 + IH hub caps. There are now three or four sets for sale on ebay now bringing about 1/3 of that price probably about where they should be as they are kind of rare. The thing to remember is more will come up for sale especially if an item on ebay brings a super inflated price because two bidders just had to have that item and didn't think they would get a chance at another one. But guaranteed there will be at least 3 on ebay the next week bringing a lot less money because the fools have already been parted with their money. And yes I have been there done that. I know better as I bought and sold at Auto auctions 3 days a week for years. Hard to take my own advice.

Roy- I guess the key word is "watch". I can get busy and I miss things. The watching can be a job in itself. I would like to find these things cheap, but I don't seem to look in the right places, and if I do see something worth checking out, I usually am too busy to go. I guess I'll have to be happy with only three tractors. Tacey