Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Rob-B

Allis FIND Day

Rob-B
Well I had some down time today at the railroad. So off tractor hunting I went. I can't say I found any tractors that caught my fancy but I did find these ACs.
[img]/club2/attach/Rob-B/100_2136.jpg[/img]
Look closely.....Do you see the ACs? OK lets zoom in........
[img]/club2/attach/Rob-B/100_2137.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Rob-B/100_2138.jpg[/img]
Then on my way back to my headquarters, I came across this for sale....
[img]/club2/attach/Rob-B/100_2139.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Rob-B/100_2140.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Rob-B/100_2141.jpg[/img]
Don't know much about either one (sub station stuff or forklift). I think somebody has talked about the sub station transformers before. I thought you might enjoy them just being AC pics......lol Rob

albj93
Hello Rob, At the last Naval base I worked at, we had Allis Chalmers 13,800 volt switchgear in the secondary side of the primary incoming substation. It was from the 50's and still in service. It had 16 giant 1800 gallon oil filled breakers, ceramic pt/ct insulators and contact shields and 1/4" thick steel cabinets/enclosures. Nice Beefy stuff and I loved maintaining it.. Andy

Killer_A-C
I work for Va TECH ELECTRIC SERVICE and we have alot of A-C circuit breakers still in use in our substations as well as Seimens-Allis ones as well.

AGCO918
Very nice finds . I like to see anything Allis Chalmers i can,& you have some interesting pictures there.Thanks for posting them.

shanhamm
After I seen this post this week, I was working at a job in Madison a few days later, and I noticed that the water booster pumps in the building I was working in where also Allis-Chalmers.

DanD
I apologize for the poor quality photo, but this is in the museum area at Hoover Dam. From one of the original turbines installed in the powerhouse. Could mow a lot of grass with 115,000 HP!

Charlieson
We had 2 Allis Chalmers 100 hp electric motors in one pump station where I used to work. Pumps would move around 1000 gpm when they were running right. But darn if they didnt suck a pile of juice when starting. We redid the station right before I left and put in VFD motors and saved over half on electricity.

Jake
:OThat's a lot of power.
quote:
Originally posted by albj93
Hello Rob, At the last Naval base I worked at, we had Allis Chalmers 13,800 volt switchgear in the secondary side of the primary incoming substation. It was from the 50's and still in service. It had 16 giant 1800 gallon oil filled breakers, ceramic pt/ct insulators and contact shields and 1/4" thick steel cabinets/enclosures. Nice Beefy stuff and I loved maintaining it.. Andy