Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Leaks and more leaks...

I finally took my first ride on my freshly restored B-210 today. Man what a great feeling! All that hard work really was worth it. Anyway, I noticed that the transmission leaks badly. The strange thing is that it leaks everywhere! Both axle seals, the pully seals even the shifter rod and the drain plugs are leaking all over my fresh paint. I have put in 90wt gear oil, but I find it unusual to see so many leaks everywhere. What gives? Would some sort of oil treatment help this? Any advice would be appreciated. Bud

arnoldir
Sounds like there should be a vent, but was either swapped for a solid plug or the hole was painted over. When the unit gets hot the pressure has to go somewhere, so out goes the oil. Would likely be up on top

richp
Could also be over filled with oil! Is it the standard 3 speed and if so you should have an elbow with a spug or cap on it and that is I think located on the lower right back corner behind the axle as your sitting facing forward. If you filled it above this elbow it might not have enough room for the oil to expand as Arnold stated. Just a thought at this time. Best of Luck, >>->happyjack<-<<