Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
McGill

Simple meeting in WIS update

McGill
How about the second Saturday in June in Rhinelander. There is a nice craft show on the courthouse lawn for the wives. It is 2 blocks from a nice city park that would work great. I can reserve a shelter. What do you guys think?

awaller
I'm a newer member of Simpletractors, so take my advice with a grain of salt. It would seem that having the show in Rhinelander would make it hard for some of the members in Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana to attend. Perhaps a more centrally located place such as Madison, Wi this is easily reached by freeway and I know there are many great parks on the lakes we could use. Just a thought, because if I can finagle it I would pesonnaly drive to Rhinelander, I guess that I was looking at the convienence for the other club members.

McGill
From McGill: I realize that Rhinelander is not well located for most of the Midwest (although it's a great place for a vacation) I just want to get something started. The location is not important to me. But, I suggested this idea last year at this time and it never happened. So, I just deceided to set a date and location and go from there. If someone in the Madison area wants to set up the picnic I'll help as much as I can. Otherwise I'll preceed with plans for Rhinelander.

powermax_paul
I guess if there was interest in a Southern WI picnic, I could set something up. I think I'm probably the only member in the Madison area. I'd like to hear from a few more interested parties though. The Rhinelander area is a more attractive site for anyone who wants to make a vacation of it.

McGill
Hi Everyone, I haven't been reading the discussion list as regularly as I should. But, Anyway... I live in Beloit/Janesville area and would love to see a meeting in Wisconsin. Rhinelander would be a drive for people from Ill, Iowa, etc. The Madison Area might be a better place. There is one other option also. Every year there is the Rock River Thersheree(spelling is not always the best) that takes place on Labor Day weekend. This show showcases on steam tractors along with any antique tractors. Last year I talked with the organizer and he more than welcomed us to display Garden Tractors. This show takes place between Janesville and Edgerton WI, which is about 20 miles south of Madison. Otherwise Rhinelander is Ok with me. Howard