Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

parts for 1963 simplicity 725

BIG BOO BOO It was 110 in the shade last summer had 1/4of the yard to finish ,when the drive shaft started to vibrate worse and worse,but finished anyway . Big mistake!! I built new drive shaft discs out of solid plastic ,which smothed it out a good bit. But the damage had already been done. I think the yoke bearing [or what ever you call it]at the front of the transmission is wallowed out. The whole tractor is vibrating badly. Are parts available?? And how big of a job is it.

powermax_paul
You may also want to change your "solid plastic" discs to the thin fiberglass type used to replace the original rubber discs. The driveshaft couplings need some flex to allow for misalignment, absorb vibration, and help smooth out the power impulses from the engine. My 2 cents worth. Roy

michigandon
I have a 700 that I'm using as a parts tractor whilst I trying to build a good running one out of my other unit. The yoke and the bevel box on this tractor are still good. I was going to try and throw this tractor together as a spare when I got finished. But if you depserately need these components I will part it out. Let me know if you're interested or not. Don