Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dallenx

Powermax model S ????

dallenx
What is a Powermax model S ? I found one for sale a couple of hours away but I'm not sure what year it is. The guy says the hood says model S. He also says the engine is a CCKB. With a tiller, is $1500 a good price?

Cal
I think they must be looking at the big S insimplicity cckb is the model of onan engine. $1500 with tiller isnt abad price if you are looking for apower max , not many parts left for them and what is avail. is high. Cal

powermax_paul
A Powermax tractor in good running condition with a Tiller is probably worth about $2000 to $2500. Parts are hard but not impossible to obtain. If you want a hard working tractor that doubles as a collector's item, buy it. I started with one Powermax that I purchased from a relative 12 years ago. I searched everywhere for attachments and finally found the ones I wanted. I even bought another 9020 just to get a mower deck. Both tractors are working hard now,(see gallery) and I'm working on getting a third tractor restored to running condition. Now it is "Simpler", we have this site (Thanks, Kent!) and we have a lot of great members willing to help you find what you need.