Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

can`t keep running b 110

when i pull the throttle cable open it dosen`t open the carb everything works down to the govenor. have to play with gov to make run.

The governor must be out of adjustment. On my garden tractor it still ran but you couldn't move the traottle. What i did was bent the metale peice that the cable is hooked to that connects to the spring that goes to the gov. arm. and this put more tension on the spring. I may be thinking of a diffrent engine but if you have any other questions post a reply or e-mail me.

Just a thought, Do you have the heat deflector recommeded for winter use. It directs heat from the muffler toward the carb and linkage. I had to that my choke cable off and put it in the over to get all the moisture out of it. Now I cover my B110 instead of letting the snow get a foot high on the set.

Hoppy, please be careful when tinkering with the governor and this part of the carb linkage. If you change the "balance of tension" between the two springs on the governor, you could cause it to "over-rev" and blow your engine. I'm certainly no expert, but I've been cautioned about that much. Please wait on an expert to join in with suggestions... That said, it sounds like it may be icing up somewhere in this part of the linkage. Is the vertical rod sticking? Mine occasionally sticks and I shoot it with a dose of WD-40 where it goes through the top bracket and down at the bottom next to the engine block.... This is a quick, inexpensive step that wont't cause any damage even if it doesn't help.

Kent has a good point with the colder weather we are now having. You can also try heating the governor area with a hair dryer if you suspect that may be the problem. If it is the next step is to duct some heated air from the muffler.