Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

cant keep running B 110

Thanks to BEN KENT JEFF AND MCGILL, TRIED EVERY THING STILL RUNS FOR 15 - 20 SECOND,WHEN PLAYING WITH GOVENOR, HOW MUCH PLAY SHOULD GOV ARM HAVE.I can move it up and down half inch. its in the carb or govenor just can't put hands on it. thanks Hoppy

McGill
Hoppy, I sent you a page showing the governor spring settings and locations. I don't know if this will help but hopefully others will still help you out even though I sent this to you. I am not even sure its what you needed. Take care, >>->happyjack<-<<

Al
Hoppy, The rod your throttle cable is connected to, should pull on a spring that pulls on the governor arm and pulls the carb throttle shaft to open. Then as the engine speeds up the flyweights in the governor work through the governor arm to resist the spring and control the engine speed. If this is not working, the first thing that needs to be checked is the arm adjustment. Just remember this simple principle and you can set these arms without trying to remember clockwise etc. Just take ahold of the arm and push it until the carb is wide open. have someone hold it there or tie it here with a rubber band or some thing. Next loosen the bolt in the bottom of the arm. With the arm pushing the carb against the wide open stop, turn the shaft in the governor arm in the same direction the arm moves to open the carb, until it won't turn any more. Hold it there and tighten the bolt. This sets the mechanical linkage. When the engine is not running the throttle should pull the carb wide open when the throttle control is wide open. Be sure you have the springs to the arm correct and you should be in business. If it is a freezing problem and you are blowing snow, keep WD40 sprayed on the throttle shaft and it will help keep ice from sticking to the throttle shaft and making it stick. Good luck, Al