Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
KYLEK

PTO conveter for 620, 720 or 9020

KYLEK
I was wondering if anyone knows of a producer of aftermarket PTO converters that would attach to a 620. I know AC made them but I would imagine that they are few and far between. Also does anyone know if the PTO converter which AC sold would allow a person to attach a non-AC tiller that runs at 540 rpm.

BEB
I have the PTO convertor box that you are asking about it came with the tractor when I bought it used several years ago but I never had an occasion to use it yet.Because of the way it mounts to the tractor ie.top of the box fastens to to top link fitting on tractor ,bottom of box bolts to tractor where 3-point hich arms are fasten.There is a label fastened to gear box that reads as follows. Recommended use may be on any stationary equipment that requires less than 16 PTO HP. Not Recommended for any implement requiring more than 16 PTO HP or requiring the active use of the three point hitch. This unit was manufactured by Ark the same company that build the front end loader. I have seen in the Northern tool Cat. such items as hydr.pumps & air compressors that fit to a 540 PTO but I do not HP required.I hope this may be of some help.