Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Mike

916 Hydro Pump (The pulleys off) updated

Mike
Well, I'm finally in between seasons so I can put a new seal in my hydro Pump so it doesn't leak all over the place. The only problem so far is getting this pulley off. It looks to have been modified. I had to drill out the screw closest to the pump. Does anyone have a good method for removing this pulley? It's well soaked with penetrant, but it won't budge. I don't want to damage the pump by banging on it. The pulley is also keyed. I did think about running the tractor with out the key in, but I can't get the key out either. I do have an extra pulley, so I could cut it off, but prefer not to. Once the pulley is off, I will clean it all good before taking it apart. Thanks in advance for your help guys, Mike PS What a dream to post pictures now...............
[img]/club2/attach/Mike/hydropulley2.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Mike/hydropulley.jpg[/img]
The air hammer and mapp gas torch did the job, it did not come easy though. I have enclosed a couple of pictures of the pump out.It took me a week to get the pulley off and 5 minutes to remove the pump.......... Final question, manual calls for loctite 504, couldn't find it at napa. Will any rtv gasket maker work when putting thios back together? ? Thanks, Mike
[img]/club2/attach/Mike/mini-102_8424.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Mike/mini-102_8426.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/Mike/mini-102_8423.jpg[/img]

RayS
Use a air hammer if you have one. It will come right off without messing up the pulley.

Mike
I'm more worried about hurting the pump. I have an air hammer I'll give it a whirl, carefully..............

richp
I second air hammer. Most people don't realize how effective they are till they try it.