Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JeffG

Hydraulic Lift Cylinder for AC 720

JeffG
Does anyone know where to locate these things? Northern, Tractor Supply, Farm & Fleet, etc.? I can't seem to find one, anywhere. What are the spec.'s for these cylinders? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Jeff

JeffG
It wouldn't work. Had it cut open (it's welded at both ends, of course)and found it to be completely shot and badly needing a rebuild. The piston threads were bad (needs new piston)- chrome flaked off, needs a new rod, back-up O-rings, bore polished, etc. The hydraulic shop can rebuild it, but it should be a lot cheaper to buy a new one. One would think. The hydraulic shop can't even locate a replacement. I found that the cylinder is 2.5 in. diameter X 4 in. stroke. I saw some 2.5 X 8's in Northern Tool for under $100. None, however, have a 4 in. stroke. I pirated this cylinder off of my parts tractor that is in pretty rough condition. I need a lift cylinder for my front blade. Jeff

richp
An 8" cylinder can be cut down to 4". You just have to plan on which end of the rod and cylinder to cut, and be careful of the heat when rewelding.