Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
msiebern

Wiring question - Briggs 190707 2191

msiebern
OK... When it comes to understanding wiring on the engines, I couldn't fill a thimble with what I know or understand. B) I purchased a Briggs 190707 2191 01 on E-Bay. This is an 8 HP vertical that I wanted to put in my 728 to replace the one that the previous owner ran low on oil. The engine that was in it, had already replaced the original engine. It was also an 8 hp vertical Briggs but with the geared starter vs the belt drive starter that came on them. The engine I got on E-Bay has a dual circuit alternator with a two wire connector as shown in the red rectangle area. The engine I removed from the 728 had a single wire as shown in 474A.

What do I need to wire this up to my 728 short of pulling the alternator off of the old engine and swapping them out?

UCD
Go to the Briggs & Stratton site and download their Engine/alternator replacement guide. http://www.briggsandstratton.com/miscpdfs/RNT/alternator_replacement.pdf

msiebern
Thanks for the link and the input. Maybe now I can get the 728 running and join his bigger brothers that are in the barn waiting for work! :)