Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ambler's Haul

comet66

Ambler stopped in (again) yesterday to pick up a few items. Hung out for a couple of hours and headed back home.

He picked up a 1918/loader, two powermax blades, a 42" deck, a hood and a set of fenders for a Twin Twenty. He figured he'd be OK as long as he didn't have to cross a truck scale on the way home.

Nice load. Don't think pickups have to go across the truck scales so as long as the truck didn't lay down on him he should have been OK.

The truck is a heavy duty diesel and it didn't notice the load. the 60" blades etc. are for D-17. John pulled in my house at midnight, a good 8hr run. Oh PA turnpike tollbooth had scales and charged me 50% more than the way out. now to figure out how to get it off.

When I picked up my ATV from Nick, the toll more than doubled because of trailer with ATV on it. No trailor on way out.

Looks like I'll be busy getting ready for Spring Fling. I can use some of that load (Twin Twenty stuff) for the show. ;)

Ambler, Did you get it off yet? I have a tri-fold ramp that will handle 1500 pounds, would that help? Let me know if you need some help. I am sure if you stopped by my place tomorrow evening we could get it unloaded. sm01sm01 David

Got it all off tonight using the massey loader, up and down, up and down. then drove the ultima off. Now to see which ultima it will go on. I either have to put power steering on the 1918 from john or convert my 1920s to single brake petal.