Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Largest A/C Garden Tractor?

ibelee

That would be the Allis Chalmers 620 & 720 and the Simplicity equal Powermax 4041 & 9020.These run a 60 inch mower deck, can be equipped with category 0 three point and run a 20hp Onan engine. They have a 15 inch rear rim diameter and a 10 inch front rim diameter. These are very nice units and were built until the late 70's. Dan

If you have a big garden this will work::D

and if you don't mind some tracks in your garden::O

Now all fun aside; I think the legacy has 27HP deisel with a 60" deck, but it is a little smaller than the powermax.

question: have any of us repowered a 620/720/4040/9020 with more than a 24HP (prob briggs Vanguard?). most of you would recommend ("lust for") a powermax vs a legacy, yes? Esp with repower it seems hard to beat. Who among us wouldn't be tempted to tell Lee to buy a new one and let us know of any good powermax deals if he lived in our pickup zone? My wife says our pickup zone is limited only by where we want to spend vacation. :p

You guys are too funny. I figured the 620/720 to be the biggest, but just wanted to make sure. I love those Cat zero hitches.

Non Garden tractors the 4-305 at 305 Hp .The HD-41 was the Biggest crawler in the 70s erea at 525 Hp.I would say for me owning a 620 and now having the Simplicity XL brother the AGCO 2027 Diesel ,I would prefer the AGCO 2027 for working & using.The onans are on the pricy side if something needs replaced.If you find a 620 or 720 that has been taken care of you might be ok.

Problem that I'm having is the prices that the 620/720 are going for. Especially the ones that have been "taken care of". Still would love to have one though. Then I could keep the 700 and B-112 for show and use the big boy for the work horse.