Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My new 3416S

SteveP

Picked this 341S up Saturday in Desoto Mo, off Craiglist.
[img]/club2/attach/SteveP/3416.gif[/img]
Was only looking for a Tiller but found a package deal that I could not pass. Adjusted the the carb and choke and the original 16 single Briggs fires right up and purrs. No the bad.. the Generator is not hooked up so no charging The real bad.. No reverse.. Adjusted the shuttle the best I could today but need new belts and something called a neutral brake pad ? When I move the shuttle to reverse she really squeals and the planetary hub gets real hot :( The planetary brake band seems to have enough grip. Ok shuttle experts how do I service the planetary ??? Oh by the way -- the wife was not impressed..but how many of our wives are :D add to below.... NOW I own a Simplicity.

The drive (planetary) pulley should not spin in reverse. There is a brake band that should clamp it when reverse is applied. I don't think the neutral pad would effect reverse.