Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

not an ac but rare(updated pics.)

daveb

started a restore on a speedex model fg made in mid 40. first tractor restore. Had to add angle under frame rails because they were busted. Didn't do well getting pics through tear down. hope to do better during paint and assembly. Here are some pics. Have a b10 and 720 to do after this

Dave, Nice! I used to own a 1963 Speedex S-14. Neat little tractor. Here's a link to the ONLY decent resource for your tractor: http://www.speedextractorinformation.com/index.html I used to be a member of that site, when I owned my Speedex. The site had plenty of information. But there is nothing that compares to this site, though. :)

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Erick L was a member to that site for a year alot of info but you are right does not compare to this site. may be awhile till I get some more done on it. Thanks again

Dave, Same here, was a member for a year. :) If you went to the S-14 area, you'll see a picture of my old tractor there. Look for "Erick K of New York" The S-14 I had was a truly nice machine with that sliding engine drive engage system. I sold it, because there were a lot of stress cracks on the transmission mounts. (And a couple other mounts here and there) Pretty common for Speedex Tractors, I'm told. I'd look very closely for hairline cracks. It's much cheaper to fix them now before they get worse. They're (Speedex) fun tractors to work with, and one of the most simplest tractors I've ever worked on, in my opinion.

• 1 month later...
Dave, I gotta tell you, these pictures are making me nostalgic for my old S-14. Keep the pics coming! :o)

Earl yes this is the style tractor that speedex made with a model A trany, motor, rearend and rad. Will post a pic. of what it looked like when i brought it home.

Here is a pic of the tractor when i brought it home. both front tire were blown back tires were flat engine was stuck and the clutch was too.

There is a show every year near Ravenna,Ohio where there are two of these in restored condition. Good luck with this one.

More pic updates of the speedex fg. Hopeing to have it done for july 7 for a show in ashtabula ohio. A few more pieces to get done.