Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Latest project (updated with more pics)

ReedS

I have no idea what that thing is, but you can send it to me cause I could used it when I get started building that other thing with the cylinders, valves, and hydraulic lines on it. :O8D:D

• 4 weeks later...
Boy is it hard to put anything past you guys!8) Here is phase 2, the sub-frame back from the sand blaster and painter and ready to mount on the tractor.The loader frame and arms are currently at the painter and hopefully I'll have them back in a few weeks.
[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/DSCN1446a.JPG[/img]

Reed, Can you post a picture of the weight box. I just got a loader but no box. Thanks Rob....

• 2 weeks later...
Robert, here is a picture of the weight box. I have not touched this yet, it needs to have a new box made up for it since the bottom is rusted out and I believe the sides aren't far behind.
[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/DSCN1368.JPG[/img]
I thought I had taken a photo of both the simplicity that the subframe is now on and the weight box seperate from the ttractor but I can't find them now!:(!

• 5 weeks later...
Finished product, well almost as the weight box is next to be repaired and repainted.
[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/DSCN1451.JPG[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/DSCN1449.JPG[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/DSCN1453.JPG[/img]
All pieces were sandblasted, primed and painted. The paint is a custom mix matched to the orininal piant on the hood. IMO it's close but not a dead on match depending on the how light hits it. I overhauled the 2 lift cylinders but all of the rest of the hydraulics were left alone with the exception of the fluid filter which required replacing as it was falling apart. Since I couldn't buy it I ended up making one using 10 micron screen. Before restoration previously mounted on a b-112.
[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/DSCN1328c.JPG[/img]

Two L-12 loaders (or equivalents) --- some people have all the luck! :O&:) Seriously, that's a great job bringing that one back to life... dOddOd

Yes Paul it should be at colchester this fall. It's one of the reasons I didn't go to Maine, as it wasn't complete then. At least by fall it'll be broke in (and hopefully not broken)!:D&:)

Actually Kent those are a set of old Goodyear Terra trac 8.50-12's. I want to believe that they may have been dealer installed on the Allis that the loader was on previously. When I find another set of the 10" rims then I'll put a pair of larger skins back there. I had the 10.50 turf's on it but without the weight box there wasn't a lot of traction so I put those on in hopes of gaining some bite. Here's another side shot.
[img]/club2/attach/ReedS/DSCN1450.JPG[/img]