Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Landlord repair

mmischni

Hi guys, A couple of questions on my Landlord, a 990314 mfg number. Where do you guys get correct brushes for the Delco starter/generator? I read that it is important to get the correct type, but don't know who would know what that is. I blew all the carbon dust out and got it working again, but the brushes are very short. Is there anything that can be done to polish up the contacts in the mechanical regulater? Or if it works, should I just let them alone? Thanks! Matt

I've found overhaul kits for the S/G's on e-bay for about $15.00 or so, they were aftermarket with taiwanese bearings but otherwise have worked well. As to the regulator a small file or emory cloth should clean up the contacts, just be sure to disconnect the batt when using a file.

Try here: http://stores.ebay.com/JEBCO-STARTERS-and-ALTERNATORS_STARTER-GENERATOR-REPAIR-KITS_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ6326808QQftidZ2QQtZkm