Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TimJr

EZ Rake dethatcher

TimJr
I just came across an old EZ Rake front mounted PTO driven dethatcher for the FDT's. It has been outside for a while, and is missing the belt shields etc.. Has anyone else ever tried to fix one up? Concerned about parts, but I also haven't looked into them yet. Anyone have one that is complete and can post pics? Seems like I have seen some old black and white sales lit for them somewhere. Thanks, Tim

Chris727
I think you can still get parts. I think Blue Bird bought out EZ-Rake, they still made a similar model last time I checked, except that it had its own engine and it was sort of a universal tow behind type.

Chris727
Here is a link to the new one they are producing. They now call it a "towable comber." It is the same as the old tow behind type often sold with JD's. http://www.bluebirdintl.com/node1269.asp

Nubian
Talk about a time saver, that is on SWEEEEET set up you have there. If I could only find a front dethacher for my Ultima (I don't think they made one for it C) or possibly adapt one to use with my Ultima, that would be great! I wonder which large frame tractors had a front mounted dethacher made for them?
quote:
Originally posted by wilm169
Is it like this?:D^
[img]/club2/attach/wilm169/7016ez1.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/wilm169/7016andez1.jpg[/img]

TimJr
Thanks, sorry I haven't been at the computer for a few days. The one I saw must have been missing more than I thought, or it was different than the one above. The price was a little high for how much was missing, too many tines broken, and all the pulleys were very rusty and stuck. I found a source for tines, and they were around $2.50 each, and about a $1 each for the screw that holds them on. I already have a Brinly? tow behind dethatcher, and revitalizers for my Broadmoor and Sovereign, so I am passing on it. Tim