Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

GE Electruk?

SMC17

Anyone know what exactly this is? There is one posted in the local Bargain News (CT) that says it's like a JD Gator. I googled it but came up empty.

yep seen em around under NewIdea brand name (farm equipment). use it & plug it in for the next time, alot quieter I think made in the 70s thirty years ago was a big gas crises worse than this one.

I know of two of them sitting. One complete GE, and a New Idea branded parts tractor. Don't know what a fair offer would be.

almost bought a couple with forklift attachments..went a different route. scott

We sold a few of these a couple of years ago and they brought quite a pretty penny(over $1000 a piece). They require 6 batts that we priced at over $100 each, that was way too much money to see how they worked. They have a similar rearend to some JD tractors as well as the B-207. Overall they looked pretty heavy duty.

The one listed for sale here is for $700 but it needs new batteries :( The pictures on the club site above seem to indicate that it is more like a tractor than a JD Gator.

My curiosity made me register at the Elec-trac.org site. There is a picture in their gallery of the "Electruk". It is actually a GE Electrak that the bed has been lengthened and a dump box added to the back. The guy has it listed for sale on their site as well