Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rsachs

Gator blades for 60" deck on 1920

rsachs
I have searched the forum for this info and know it was talked about in detail, but I can't find it. I keep timing out when I use the search. I just squeezed a AC1920H w/ 60" deck into the garage and am not very familiar with equipment newer than 1975. Of course my wife has made me promise to sell off 2 or 3 other tractors and in return I can sleep in the house again. Here is the question: I have gator blades on my other decks and am very happy with there performance. With the 60" deck I remember a discussion about the left blade rotating opposite the other 2 makes a difference. I mowed for the first time last night with it and am impressed with the cut, but would like to get finer clippings to mulch instead of sweeping the clippings. Can anyone point me to the posts on this topic please. Thanks.

comet66
Is this what you are looking for? http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=54090&SearchTerms=gator+blades

rsachs
Thanks John. That is part of what I am looking for. I realize the search function is under renovation, but everytime I include the archives in the search it times out. Am I missing something or did you just get lucky?

rsachs
Finally figured out if i only search the subject and not the text i get results instead of timing out. Here is the link I wanted http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46434&SearchTerms=gator+blades So is anyone using Gator Blades on a left hand discharge 60" deck for the Sunstar/1920's that has the discharge blade rotating opposite the other 2 blades? The link has suggested blades numbers, but wanted to ask if anyone is using this set up.

comet66
The last time I checked, a couple of years ago, I couldn't locate gators for my 60" deck. I was just curious any way as the simp. blades do such a fine job for me. So I never bothered to look again.

rsachs
John I agree the OEM blades do a great job as I have now mowed twice with the new tractor. I have been very impressed by the Gator blades on my other decks, but wanted to know if the opposing rotation made an impact on there performance before I tried to find blades to fit. I guess I will see what i can find and report back. They may not be worth the investment as you decided. Thanks.

Tacey
I can't tell you if they are available for a 60" deck, but I really like my MEGMO blades. I use them on my 42" Broadmoor deck. I believe their site is here www.meg-mo.com. Twice the cutting surface makes for finer cuttings. I'm going on my third season with them, & I love 'em. Tacey