Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Worst Looking tractor ever

Chris727

I thought I would start this topic, as MPH pointed out the horrible looking tractor with the rusted tiller in my "latest finds" post. I thought It would be interesting if others could post their "worst looking tractor" This is a 1960 Simplicity 700 with tiller, I found it at a junkyard and bought it for $50 (boy did they see me coming!) It must have been underwater for a period of time as the frame was caked solid with riverbottom soil, even inside the blower cover, the engine was locked up. I ended up having to chisel the piston out. It had no oil in it because there must have been water inside it which froze and cracked the oil pan so it all leaked out. The BGB and trans are free but the tiller is locked solid. The front tires are also rotted off and the starger generator is locked up. I only bought it because I really needed a grill for my good 700 and a hood emblem. So here is my candidate for worst tractor:

That would be a good restore tractor just think of the befores and afters and all the oooos and ahhhhhhs u'll get. -Ryan-

This one was kinda homely, and needed a little help getting around.

It ended up in Maryland.

quote:
Originally posted by plastikosmd
ok you win scott
And that was after he worked on it. ;)

quote:
Originally posted by comet66
This one was kinda homely, and needed a little help getting around.
[img]/club2/attach/comet66/06.jpg[/img]
It ended up in Maryland.
Wow that must have been a long ride to Maryland like that :D:D:D

Well I don't have a picture of my worst tractor But It looked exactly like the 1st picture in this post with the tires shot and tubes on the wheels and no rear tires etc..

quote:
Originally posted by stevenj
quote:
Originally posted by plastikosmd
ok you win scott
And that was after he worked on it. ;)
I see you know my work!:D

And I thought my Saturday find needed work! Note the piece of tin screwed to the dash tower and the fancy seat.
[img]/club2/attach/SteveP/3416.gif[/img]

I can't compete with Chris and Elon's "Worst Looking Tractor", but this is the "Worst Looking, Good Running Tractor" that I have ever bought. It is a HB-212 that someone hacked the hood and squirted some orange paint on.

Okay,mine's not as bad as some. This was the frist time I tried do do anything like this,with a tractor. I'm look for another one to do I had so much fun with it.

Before and after pics.

The HB-212 will also look better someday. I have already changed the hood, yellow paint will follow. Another winter project in the lineup. Storm, That was certainly a nasty looking 7016. It sure looks great now.

Thanks guys. I spent the summer of 05' working on it. It was a birthday present to myself.Got it in April and had it done in late summer. I had to just make do on decals.Found a set on ebay for an old 101 or something like that I think. The lettering was all I got,painted the strips on it. It was a blast. Want to do a foot dragger next. I'm looking for a B-10 or B112,something like that.

• 3 weeks later...
I was going to submit this as "Worst Looking" the first time it was on eBay, but just now got around to it, as it's been re-listed. I would put it in the top 5, anyway.

or, right now it is on eBay at - [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140123280508&rd=1&rd=1[/url] B.R.

quote:
The remains of a Wards Garden Mark, in an Indiana JYard. Does this count?

I didn't know that Wards made a Broadmoor size tractor. Are you sure it's a Wards? It looks like an extremely faded Broadmoor just like one I have.

Tom

biggie, if you were closer i would grab that "unique" machine...very cute. scott

Tom, A few Broadmoors have been on E-bay with the wards Paintjob. Might be a wards...