Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric Buz Saw

MPH

After I finished getting Conostga ready to go back to work I decided to deal with my 4 loads of truck length wood. Most it being small dia I put a carbid 14 inch blade on my chop saw.

After I had things working ok I took a break, think its more work and slower then using the chainsaw but I hate cutting little stuff in a pile.

After 4 hours I have this left to cut and the basement spot about half full.

The frieght roller doesn't work too bad, if theres a stub limb on the tree it'll hang up sometimes.

"think its more work and slower then using the chainsaw but I hate cutting little stuff in a pile." But not near as hard on your back. Good thinking. ^

After 4 hours I think my chopsaw might have overheated. I like the set up, much better than bending over a pile to cut the little stuff.

Over heatting the chop saw wasn't a concern as I'd cut til the wheel barrow was full with the last pieces on the table, then load the cut pile on the ground and move it to the basement, another 4 loads, that's about enough to plug the wood shoot so go down and stack it, then back to cutting. Tried using the tractor and trailer before but too much messing around, backing in the shop, on and off, easier to just use the wheelbarrow, only gotta go maybe 60 feet with a load. keeps me from needing to go to the gym inorder to stay in shape for when i go to work^ Started out with the chain saw this morning to cut the stuff too big for the chop saw and wound up finishing the pile with it. Something about chain saw = fire wood just works in my head. Here's a couple shot of my net results, about 280 cu ft stacked in the basement

small start on a second rick outside

Having a fire started to clean up the bark and saw dust lead me into spending all afternoon feeding it from stuff gone bad that needed getting rid of, plus I trimed up the chokecherry bushes for easier mowing and got a little sunburn on my bare back. What that ya get from some sun, Vit. D.?

128 cubic feet = 1 cord. 280 cubic feet = 2.19 cord A very good start for the winter. How many cord do you burn per season?

I use too figure 10 cords/year, but I'm burning less since I added the shop and added R38 to most of the house roof, but, I haven't been here as much the past 5 years either, so I really don't know. Figure I burned about 6 this past year Maynard.