Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
michigandon

How are YOUR rear wheels mounted??

Roy
Bob is correct. Mount the rear wheels with the valve stems in and the wheel deep dish facing out. Happy Jack had an excellent post on how to adjust the limited slip bolts the other day. Factory specification for the hub bolts on the limited slip is 25 ft-lbs. Roy

Kent
Mike, His model 700 might have 6" wheels, instead of 8" ones. 6" wheels will reverse and fit. I have a pair off a walker with lug tires on them that I put on for a while... Kent

michigandon
Thanks guys! I didn't think that was right the way I orginally had had 'em mounted, but I couldn't tell for sure by any of the pictures on this site and what really threw me off was those stupid chamfers in the holes! Well I'm off to the shop for another round. Catch ya later... Don

michigandon
Hi gang! Haven't been here too much lately as I have been busy with other things and other projects. But I', tackling my 700s in earnest now so I will be popping in from time to time with questions.... Are the rear wheels on a 700 supposed to be mounted withthe valve stem facing in or out?? The reason I ask is that I remounted the ones back on my tractor after sandblasting and painting them, and I put them back on with the valves stems out. It doesn't look right like this as this makes the ass end look VERy narrow, yet what thew me was the fact that the lug bolt holes are chamfered on that side which makes then appear as though there supposed to go on that way! What's up with that? Also, what the deal with those two exta lug bolts that are screwed in cockeyed on the "passengers side" rear hub? Do these hold anything in place or are they just extras that are "along for the ride in case you lose one? Enquiring minds wanna know! Don

ka9bxg
valve stem to the inside . it is a very narrow tractor but my 2 tractor are that way The 2 lug bolts are there for adjusting the positraction tighter you put them the harder it is to turn but both wheels will pull better I think I just seen a posting on the correct way to adjust them. I did not fool with them and I only use the 1 for shows and the other 1 will be for tilling only . Bob