Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Loader wanters - have you seen this site?

RBE17

I ran across this site yesterday: http://www.loaderplans.com/ I thought it would be of some interest to many of our members. Does anyone have any experience w/ these folks?

Yep! You got it bad! LOL New Max owner & already lookin' at building a loader! :D Loaderplans & Cadplans seem to be on similar footing. I've talked to Cad a while back. It seems to me it really is determined on how much you like to do! (AND how good of a welder/plumber/millwright you are!) If you're thinking backhoe, check out Powermax Paul's unit. If I had to make one, I'd look into his!

You bet I have it bad. Even though I'm spending my own money, DW has no idea what she agreed to when I said I was buying a new tractor. In all seriousness, that is why I wanted the 9020, it can do it all. I have a serious and immediate need for a loader. I have no problem building the loader. I know I could design my own, I just don't want to re-invent the wheel. The backhoe would be fun. I could dig holes, move dirt and fill holes all day long. I could be Bob The Builder in the flesh. I'll be contacting you once I get my 9020 home. Another member pointed out that I might have the wrong hitch for the snowblower and be missing a pulley. Once I sort that out and determine what I need, you'll be hearing from me.

Stephen--I need to sell you the Ark loader off of my 720. Problem is I'm in Kansas and I believe you're in PA. Nelson

Nelson, If the loader could be broken down far enough to fit on a pallet, it might be a possibility. While it would still weigh the same, the footprint would be smaller and shipping would be much less. Could you take some pictures and email them to me along w/ a price? I'll check into getting a shipping quote from a freight company. Thanks, Steve.

That company is in the same town as my grandfather. I have seen them before on the net, but have yet to go find there place. That Ford is what I'm planning on doing with my 3310/ diesel project. I'm going to make a bucket later.

Nelson, It makes a pretty big package! LOL I can take some pics on some I've shipped. It'll weigh out about #650. I've used forward air with good results. JP

I was looking at the manual and it appears that it can be broken down. However, the steel hydraulic lines are the problem. They cannot be bent and they're fairly large so it might not be worth it. From my viewpoint, I'd like it to be broken down so I'm not shipping air.

The lines could stay attached to the main loader frame. This main frame is a welded structure so can't break it down. I believe what they do is stand the frame on end and strap it to the pallet.

Nelson, Looking closer at it, you are absoulutely right. Removing the bucket is really the only thing that could be done to save room. Sending you a PM. Steve.

I might be interested if it does not work out for you. I have been looking for a loader for my D/A 5215HST. Does it have it's own pump?