Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower Questions

ibelee

1. If the blade on my mower is a little more than 16" than I have a 48" Mower. Correct? 2. How do I identify if my mower is part number 2025097 or 2029959 as listed in the Attachments Parts Book? There appear to be different numbers for the parts I need for each of the two mowers. 3. Although the part numbers are listed in the Attachments Parts Book, how do I find out the sizes of the belts? The sizes are not listed. 4. When I raise the deck, I can only raise it so high before it hits the lower PTO pulley(see attached pic). Is the mower deck too far back? Should the front of the deck be mounted in the rear holes to shift it forward(see attached pics)? 5. Are the leaf mulchers still available? Are Mulching Blades required with this? Would this also mulch the grass as do newer model mowers?

Cross reference the 48" deck to the equivalent Simplicity MFG# and you will have the correct part numbers. The 48" deck for a B-112 should be Allis MFG# 2025097 The equivalent Simplicity MFG# is 990502 It is normal for the belt to hit in the raised position. CAUTION Raising the deck is for transport only and the P.T.O should be off before you raise the deck, if not you stand a very good chance of breaking a belt. The deck lift was not designed to be used as a height adjustment for cutting grass. You have it mounted in the correct holes. S = Simplicity A = Allis Chalmers S 990502 48" Rotary Mower Cross Drive Belt# 2108458 Length 45.1" Type HA Arbor Drive Belt# 2165048 Length 85.2" Type HA Blade# 1656143A Qty 3 S 990544 42" Rotary Mower Cross Drive Belt# 2108248 Length 48.1" Type HA Arbor Drive Belt# 1723391 Length 82.0" Type HA Blade# 1656144A Qty 3 A 2025033 42" Rotary Mower Cross Drive Belt# 2108248 Length 48.1" Type HA Arbor Drive Belt# 1723391 Length 82.0" Type HA Blade# 1656144A Qty 3 A 2025080 42" Rotary Mower Cross Drive Belt# 2174911 Length 44.1" Type HA Arbor Drive Belt# 1723391 Length 82.0" Type HA Blade# 1656144A Qty 3 A 2025097 48" Rotary Mower Cross Drive Belt# 2108458 Length 45.1" Type HA Arbor Drive Belt# 2165048 Length 85.2" Type HA Blade# 1656143A Qty 3

You can get a set of gator blades and it will make the clippings smaller also you can block off the discharge side and it will do a excellent job of mulching.

Don't think you can get gator blades for the old style deck arbors that use the 2 bolt mount without a center hole in the arbor. How about a few more pictures of that extra lift chain on the left side of the tractor. Good thought if it makes it lift more even then the old ones did but it looks to me like it pulls forward mighty hard.

Here you go MPH. I picked up a new D-Ring today to replace the the busted one. I have plans to replace the Clip through the chain with an eyebolt to allow for a little more adjustment so that the weight being pulled on both sides is equal. I'm also going to replace the peice of angle with 1X1X1/4 angle and drill the hole for the eyebolt a little closer to the tractor as well as moving the welded connection equally inward in order to minimize interference with getting your foot on the peg.

Thanks for the info Maynard and the rest of you guys. Maynard...or anybody. Can you tell me how you did that cross reference, so that next time I can do it without bothering you guys? I went to the Simplicity Cross Reference link and it said it was for tractors only, not attachments. I even did a search for the number and it did not show any cross reference charts. Also, is the Leaf Mulching kit still available through Simplicity? If so it looks as though that would work well with the Gator Blades to make a true mulcher. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
S = Simplicity A = Allis Chalmers S 990502 48" Rotary Mower S 990544 42" Rotary Mower A 2025033 42" Rotary Mower A 2025080 42" Rotary Mower A 2025097 48" Rotary Mower
My latest acquisition was a B112 and the deck that came with it still had the sticker on it with number 2029933. I have been unable to locate any reference for this model #. Any suggestions where to look? I have tried the What Fits section and Made When section.

Mike, search for that part number on Simple trACtors. It brings up a few "hits"...

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Mike, search for that part number on Simple trACtors. It brings up a few "hits"...
Thanks! Now to find info on belt # 2025893.^

Allis Chalmers belt # 2025893 = 108248 = Simplicity Cross Drive Belt# 2108248 Length 48.1" Type HA Simplicity Belt and blade guide is the best cross reference book available. I also have a Simplicity Part# to Allis Chalmers Part# and Allis Chalmers Part# to Simplicity Part# up to 02/74 cross reference book. Very hard to get a hold of.

Marty, Look at this link to see what I did with my B-1 deck. Small angle bracket on the deck is a "center pull" for the lift cable. "http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/b-1_cable_lift.htm"

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
Simplicity Belt and blade guide is the best cross reference book available. I also have a Simplicity Part# to Allis Chalmers Part# and Allis Chalmers Part# to Simplicity Part# up to 02/74 cross reference book. Very hard to get a hold of.
Thanks Maynard! Great to have that info on the older models.

The gator blade number that you need if you decie to get them is 90-941. http://www.mowproducts.com/lawn-mower-parts/2-gator-mulcher-blade-simplicity.html

Thanks Lee. Seems to me that would be hard lifting because of the angle of pull. I remember when I was mounting my 5 foot yoke rake on the B-112 I hadda play with the lift angle for awhile before I got it to where I could strong arm it. I like Roys cable plan. Does that hook to the middle of the deck or just off side to miss the belt Roy? Person could have a setup like that on each side if it would clear the clutch.

Marty, Hooks onto the small angle bracket in middle of the deck on the top, RH picture. Is a top view so you cannot see the bracket very well. Misses the belt and actual pull is maybe 1" off the deck centerline.