Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Need your help

66Squire10

Hello, first I want to say how much I have enjoyed being a part of this site. Now, I have a 66 Wards Squire 10 for sale on ebay. This has been in my family since new, I was redoing it but now I don't have the time. I have been getting people questioning me on the engine size and frankly it is starting to T me off. The model# is 243431 type 0123. B&S says that this is a 10hp engine, but people are telling me its a 23D. I almost 100% sure I am right just by the numbers and that it is a Squire 10 not a 9. It used to have a hydraulic lift system but I got rid of it because it was in very bad shape and got a manuel handle for it. Could someone please check out my pictures on my listing and let me know who is right. Thank You http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300107351322&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=020

The only reason for anyone to think it would be a 9hp is the round type air breather, these people questioning you likely are familiar with this being on the 23Ds but are not aware that the very early 10's used them as well. It is a 10, you have a 4 screw carb and ball bearings which the 23D did not.

Well you guys just answered a question that I had. I have a 2010 with an early 10 just the same as in the photos at the ebay link. The #'s were illedgable on the original tin but I did find that the 4 bolt carb fit and that it had ball bearings since I had to replace the front seal. BTW another one lives now.

Thank you all for your responce. I shouldn't have let it get to me but I was sure I was right and one person was getting kinda [img]/club2//attach/UCD/censored.gif[/img]ty about it. Once again you have shown that this is a great site.

I have a 243431, just like yours. It came with a 4 bolt carb, but I am now running a 3 bolt carb on it. Yours is definitely a 10 Hp.

I say, end the auction early and keep it! Become a member and have fun with it. That would show them!:D