Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hood Bolts

toad270

I'm getting to make replacement hood bolt for the round hood tractors and was wanting to know if there would be any interest in by the club members for these they will be exact copy of the origanals except made out of Stainless steel and polished to look almost like chrome.

Cost is going to be a big variable here. Right now I'm two short so I might be interested in two.

If they're the thumb bolts that are made to screw on and off by hand, I would be interested if the price was right. I would need 4.

They would have the cross bar just like the original ones did from the factory.

I have an early B10 that did not have the cross bars so could some be without? That would mean I need 4 with and 4 w/o. Also if they would work on the Broadmoors I could use more, haven't checked.

This is a set that sold on ebay a little while ago that I don't think they did a very good job of machining and don't look like they polished them at all. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140104007645&rd=1&rd=1

I have not calculated a price for these yet but I wanted to know if there was an intrest in them. If you have the ones without the cross bar like firefoxz1 you would just have to let me know. I have been a machinist for over twenty years and I would not have let my customer walk out the door with these knowing he wanted to put them on a restored tractor. I didn't plan on making the flat nuts that are in the picture.

Todd, Given the winning bid of $ 87.00 on the ebay auction you posted I'd have to guess that your expected price will probably be beyond my means. John

Wow, that's a lot of money for those on eBay. (I got my entire running AC-B210 with hydraulics for $50) I would pay up to $12.00 maximum for 4, any more than that would betray my sensibilities. sm00

• 9 months later...
What model tractors do these bolts fit? I bought a couple of tractors recently and got several buckets of parts with them. There are some of these bolts in amongst the parts. I did not know what they were. None of my tractors use them. 725 B-210 3410S 7013H 7010 6 speed John U

The hood bolts look great. I am definitely still interested. To answer your question John, they are the hood bolts for the old round hood Landlords and Allis B series tractors.