Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JCS

Snowblowers

JCS
I am now the dubious owner of two snowblowers and it really never snowed here!!! Should I keep the 42" or the 36" ome? I have an AC 914 but am planning to get either a Soverign or Landlord. Any one have any ideas one way or the other????

Cal
If I had achoice I would keep the 42" reason being that the 914 has plenty of power with the kohler and the tractor measures 36" across the back wheels with 23 8:50 tires or a little more with 23 10:50 rears if you make a turn while blowing snow your wheels will be outside the cleared path.When a big blizzard comes along make the first path at low ground speed then to widen the drive don't take a full bite. Just my preferance on this matter. Cal

Cal
Up here in Wisconsin, where we do get snow.... I suggest the 42" as it is wider than the tractor. The 36" is too narrow and can make it impossible to back up in your tracks with deep snow. Also the back wheels will drag snow back into the "cleaned" area especially on curves or turns, and even more so with the larger rear tires. Wider is better. I power a 42" with a 12hp with NO problems. MS