Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fresh Dirt

MPH

Actually, it's brand new dirt, never been tilled before. This Merry-go-round got planted there early in the homesteading of this place, second year I believe, grass and weeds slowly moved in after the kids outgrew it, so I got it hauled off today so I can at least mow it there.

As I didn't get the original mounting post with it, had it mounted on this old truck rim, staked into the ground with the front wheel hub off a dead 1970 Toyota wagon bolted to it. Used both the hubs in time as it was too much leverage on the bearings but it sure did spin good for a year or two on each one.

First pass with my new 40 year old tiller on the 725, which started on about the 3rd crank over after not running since last fall:). Still my favorite sweetheart.

Tilled it was fast it was just a blurr:D

Got some of that paint off the new tines.

Was surprized it wasn't wetter then it was, it was still raining at 2 this afternoon, had about an inch the past couple days. But, now I feel like it's spring, tilled some dirt.sm01sm01

Never a wasted moment when one of these old girls burps back to life knowing she's going to get to work. With the new to me Sovereign I hope to have some time to tear down and re-paint the old 64LL. Looks Great Marty!! As well she should be your favorite. She still works hard for the cause!!

Your going to have that place looking really nice with the new driveway and lawn. Looks nice. Thank you for the pictures -- I took some of my place after the first cut have not gotten around to posting yet. David

It's awful fun tilling.... hmm? I did one more pass this morning to mix in the manure then planted everything.