Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A few pictures from Colchester show

Kent

Eli and I drove down to Colchester for the day yesterday, even though I had not had time to get a tractor ready to haul there. It was a gorgeous spring day in New England, though in the late afternoon it clouded up and the wind started blowing, so people began looking for sweatshirts and jackets. Here's a few pictures. Here's the club's lineup, with ReedS hardworking 314 Landlord in the foreground. Turnout for the show was quite good, though we didn't have quite as many tractors or club members there as for some of the fall shows. As you can see, we attracted attention.

The club's lineup viewed from the other end, with the exception of Maynard's HB-116 -- it was parked in front of his motorhome at the time. Maynard and Elon had staked out a pretty large area, with two canopies and club banners hanging from them, with space in between.

Once again, Jim's beautiful Model 700 and 2010 were the "queens of the show".

Maynard's camper, complete with club banner. In the foreground is Scott's (plastikomd) really slick hydraulic trailer with some of the parts available for sale. Scott's Rokon and Quadractor attracted a lot of attention -- in fact the Quadractor probably generated more attention than anything else we had on display.

There were quite a few Simplicity and Allis machines on display by non-club members scattered throughout the show -- including at least one that for sale.

All in all, a very nice day...

It was a great day. I got sunburned and everything C It was great meeting the members i met, however i dont remember who i met except for Elon, for got the others names sm02 -Ryan-

Looks like a fine collection of old iron. Thanks for the pictures Kent. No wonder the site is so quite all weekend, everyones at a show somewhere.

thanks for the pics! ya too much talkin about the quadractor...gonna bring some different iron to the fall show...look for the crawler and the pasquali..tho will have to rent a bigger trailer..my little load trailer is too short for both of those. also thanks UCD for all your help on the quadractor...had a bit of carb trouble for most of the show, UCD and I had to go all "shady tree" on it to get-er-goin. was great seein everyone again. scott

Once again, my camera never came out of the camper!:( It was a great show once again. A tad chilly Friday night, and Saturday morning, but it was a super day. Saturday night was a bit warmer, but the wind picked up and howled through the old camper. It was great to see every one again. We meet a lots of people who visited our little corner. It was nice to put a face to Ryno "Ryan" If i forgot to mention anyone, I apologize. We had a great time, even with Melanie getting stuck in the mud, twice!:O:D Thanks to all who came and joined the fun. Can't wait for Maine!

Looks like fun, I wish I was closer. I like all the old iron and some of the more "unique" machines, heh.

We had a great time, even with Melanie getting stuck in the mud, twice!:O:D Thanks to all who came and joined the fun. Can't wait for Maine! [/quote] lol I saw one of those before i left on saturday near the parking area. It happens its like four wheeling you cant honestly say you've been off roading till u get stuck dOd -Ryan-

No major mud at Spring Fling, but Ambler and I each ran out of gas in a parade. Now I need to replace the tank with the hole in it.

Looks like a good show. Excellent pictures. I'm with MPH, wish I was closer to some of the NE shows. Thanks,

looks like it was a great time good looking tractors where and when is the maine show

Larry, Here is the link to the Maine show. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=71628