Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Naming a Tractor

MarksA-C

I know this sounds wierd, but I want to name my 6518 Project. I have been thing something with Free Beee in it, and I think I jkight have come up with something good. This is just a ramdom thing I made, but I hope to make it a Decal and put it on my 6518.

That's pretty cool! I give my tractor temporary names once in a while when I'm working on it, but I always apologize later :-).

Probably no wierder than naming a boat. Graphic looks neat. I would think unless you need to keep it perfectly original for showing the tractor, the decal would be your own personal touch. I had been thinking the other day about my "FTM" tractors (free to me), as I was driving down the road but not so far as to come up with a name or logo. Ah to have a young mind again:D:D Greg

For something as new as a 6518, it isn't a "Classic" or something that needs to be kept in Original condition. And it seems Fun to personalize your rider and make it yours, and not something like everyone elses. I am already proving that with my Seat for it. :p:D:Q

That's a pretty cool graphic. I say go for it. When I redo my Powermax (many years from now), I'm going to decal it "Simplcity". The reason is because the auction house misspelled Simplicity and it saved me a lot of money. BTW, everything I work on is "A piece of $hit" while I'm working on it. I was doing some work on a friend's dad's car and he warned his dad that I call everything a piece of crap.

Not to bad but what's it fighting? Maybe you should add a strip of high grass under it to show what it's fighting. I'm not really good on the graphics side but like this. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/kismar/SimpClubPics/Beemod.jpg[/IMG]

I might do something with Grass, I'll have t see how the other one does first Does anyone know where I can get a Decal made?

You must be able to get decal transfers to run in your printer some where. You can print just about any thing else at home including t-shirt transfers. Cool idea Mark. I have a couple of friends that were Sea Bee's.

When I was tractor pulling, my tractors all had names: Plum Krazy, ThunderFoot, and Woop-T-Doo. ThunderFoot is my 61 Wards and the only one that is still around and running.

I have an old sears tractor that is rusted badly but runs like new. I used it to spread 4 truck loads of gravel in my driveway. all my friends said it would not do it but I didnt care about the tractor so I just went at it. it did it all and still works perfect they all called it "RUSTY" and it stuck that was 2 years ago and it still just keeps going maybe the key is to not care if it breaks. only gas so far.If you looked at it you would think it didnt run.

OK so maybe I'm strange:D but my '64 Landlord is named Lizzie and my B-12 is named Becky. Lizzie was so named because my oldest son (he was around 10 at the time) made a smart comment about the tractor looking like it was made around the time Ford was making the Model T. So the Landlord became first Tin Lizzie then was shortened to just Lizzie. When I got the B-12 my youngest son insisted on calling it Becky and it just kinda stuck. He thought if one tractor had a name they both should. When I get around to restoring them I plan on painting the names on the side of the hood. Also thought about putting on some nose art like a WWII bomber but would be pretty small on the side of the hood.

quote:
hmmm maybe I should get a decal made up for Ugly Betty
That would take one BIIIIIG decal.....:D

I've had my first Big-10 for over 30 years its call old paint,if you seen it you would know why.:D

My new to me 6216 is "Tank" because after using a 4212 for 3 years, this tractor is a tank compared to the 4212. By the way I see Landlord, Baron Etc used, does the 6216 have a name like that or did Simplicity stop using these until recently?

I have a WheelHorse LawnRanger that I ride at the local tractor shows. I have "Buster" on the side of it. Named after one of my Grandfathers' workhorses. On edit: I can't remember if Buster was a horse or mule, there are no pictures and gramps is long gone now, along with everyone else that would know. But I do have his old singletree out in the garage. I've seen them made into light fixtures, and have been kicking that around for awhile now. My brother has a WH 953 named "Ol Dollar" which was another of gramps' workhorse/mule. Kinda embarrasing we don't know, but thats how it is. :I