Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

battery wiring 4211

john

I am working on piecing together a simp 4211 ID# 1691023 can anybody tell or show me how the battery should be wired, i think most of the wiring is there excpt one wire that could go to the selonoid ? in the battery compartment under the seat > so i am puzzled, if so should it be the positive or the ground ? there is another wire there that goes under the dash board area with a small connector not the old regular top post battey connector. Shold this have the old top post battery or the type with ears and a bolt goes through them? I am lkost / thanks much john s.

The pos. terminal goes to the solonoid. The neg. goes to ground. The battery would be the type with a bolt through the ears, although you could use the other type, if there is enough clearence. The wire that goes under the dash may be the key switch to the solonoid, but I need more information to be sure.