Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spring Fling Totals

D-17_Dave

Well, like Matt, I seem to never take time to get my camera out in time to get some shots of my own. My son Sam got plenty with my mom's camera but my being under the weather the weekend I missed getting them on my computer so I'll have to see them later. As many could see of me I was feeling less than up to par so my participation over the weekend seemed to go along with how the weather was treating us. COLD and DAMP was the going rate Sat. and breezy for Sun. Even though the weather and the odd date seemed to keep a few from coming we had about 50 people between members and guests over the weekend. It was way to wet to do any plowing or field demonstrations but we all seemed to have no trouble filling the time with conversations and catching up on our latest projects. As with last year the tractor parade each day was the highlight of the day as each of us was able to spend a little tractor time and see some of the countryside of Virginia. I would like to take a moment to recognise those who made our event such a success. Thanks to Sandy Lake Imp. for the hats and the support. To Wells Impl. Your support helps make such small events seem much larger. To the entire Tallant Family, you again opened your home to us and made us feel welcome. Ron,(Biggie Rat) for his donation and for helping us all remember the tragedy that struck the Virginia Tech campus in nearby Blacksburg. Matt, Rod, and I were joined this year in sponsoring the event by Greg C. We would like to thank each one of you that came for helping to make the event such a success. It has been demonstrated yet again that we all receive the benefits when gathering like this for food and fellowship. It builds the bonds of friendship and the foundation of this club. The 4 of us look forward to seeing you all again next year. Thanks to SimpleTractors and all of you, Dave H.