Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
adamf203

Simplicity 3212V or Allis Chalmers B-212

adamf203
Ok here is my situation... My uncle bought me an Allis Chalmers B212 this past fall. The transmission sticks on it and we need to figure out the problem with it in the coming weeks. He called me yesterday and told me that he just got me a Simplicity 3212V. The tractor is complete - mower deck, hydro plow, rototiller. The only problem with it is that it needs a new clutch. He wants to use it for parts for the B212 because the transmission is good on the simplicity and we can swap them out. I think it would be smarter to fix the transmission on the B212 and get a new clutch for the 3212. Does anyone know where I can get a new or used clutch and how much it would cost me? Anyone have one laying around. This is be the deciding factor on what we do I think Does fixing both make sense or should I used the best parts of both and make 1 tractor? Opinions.... Thanks - Adam

Kent
Clutch? ? The only clutch on these is a pedal that moves an idler pulley to take tension off a belt... If the symptom is "grinding gears" when trying to put it into gear or shifting gears, the problem can likely be fixed with: 1. A good belt adjustment (cheapest fix, though it'll take a little while the first time) 2. Replacing the drive belt (about $55-60) and then adjusting the belt In either case, you'll have to adust the belt, so I'd just try that first...