Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Voltage Regulator X-Ref.

SteveP

I have been unable to cross reference the voltage regulator on my 3416S. The Simplicity part is 122193 and is NLA. I know it's a Delco but it has no number on the old one. It has 3 terminals, I doubt just any 3 terminal regulator will work. Can't seem to find a cross reference any where. Thanks

I think it should be the same as the ones used on the large-frame B-series. I have purchased a couple of these from an electrical outfit in Tennessee. When I get home Saturday I can get their contact info and a # off an original regulator, I just pulled one off a B-12.

I just bought one for my 916 in my briggs retrofit project. The less expensive ones are 2 pole units (usually found on the smaller engines) but work as advertised. The tractor will need some wiring changes if you are replacing a 3 pole regulator with a 2 pole regulator. Mine was an ACE ELECTRIC VR 13914 These regulators are available thru Stens and Rotary aftermarket dealers. I think the list is less than $40.00 Brent I can look thru muy books tonight if you need a number thru these companies.

I got the three pole for around $30, while the last time I bought a two pole from the same place it was about $40. Stens would likely be the more expensive route. An electrical supply or even a tractor dealer will likely give you a better deal. I'll do a search and see if I can find where I have posted the info in the past.

I googled the place, here is a link. http://www.dbelectrical.com/generators/generators.shtml unfortunately I can't get the part # until I'm home Saturday.

I checked my original regulator and it has these #s: 12VN 1H Then on the other leg are what I believe to be the model#s: 1119 310E The replacement I bought was made by J&N and is part# 231-12026. DB Electrical Rebuilders 1-800-753-2242. Hope this helps. Chris