Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

right hand lift lever

debshirl

just found out at spring fling that my landlord has part of right hand lift lever mounted to frame can anyone send me some pictures of complete assembly so that i can possibly fab handle

Paul, if you have an extra handle from the left side, I think it can be modified to use on the right side. I know there have been a few made that way. You already have the most difficult piece to fabricate (the quadrant).

Running board tractors.

Parts late Foot drager tractors 1967 and later

Parts early Foot drager tractors 1967 and earlier

Anyone ever try to modify a broadmoor quadrant to work? I have several of these laying around and if memory serves correctly they are on the right-hand side.

• 3 months later...
hello Looking for a right had lift lever assembly any ideas besides placing an add on the site? Model AC B112 Thanks Mike

quote:
Originally posted by crewchief12
hello Looking for a right had lift lever assembly any ideas besides placing an add on the site? Model AC B112 Thanks Mike
That is were I got mine from, but they are very hard to find.

The Broadmore handles are similar but they won't work. There are some characteristic traits that similar but it's the traits that make it work properly that make the difference. I have done all the measurements and made CAD drawings of all the parts to make these but never got around to doing it. There is a lot more to it than it seems.

Dave, Would you be willing to e-mail me a set/copy of your CAD drawings? Might look into making one. Think you have my e-mail address. Thanks,

I think that a right hand lift lever from a Broadmoor could be used, but not exactly in the same way the original factor arm would. My idea is to use the Broadmoor lever with a separate jackshaft installed ahead or behind the original. I would use the Broadmoor shaft - will probably have to modify it but I know it will work. So I will have two completely separate lift systems... the right hand unit will only operate a center or front attachment. Now I just have to wait until Dave Emmer finishes installing an engine in my late B-10. Tom

Paul's tractor already has the quadrant installed. I was the one who noticed it at SF and told him what it was. Either a set of drawings, or some pictures with dimensions would be helpful in making one. They can be made from a left hand lever. I guess I have been around long enough to remember the one Dutch made. The quadrant is the most difficult item. A good fabricator should be able to make the rest of the lever by looking at the left side lever and the pictures posted by Maynard above.