Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Little Play time

MPH

Finally dug out the last of my old chicken pens that I had the wire burried 6 inches deep on in order to keep free running dogs from digging under. Posts were all rotted off, couldn't get in to keep the weeds down and I needed some good rich dirt for my new Tiger Lilly bed along the driveway. After tilling it good a few days ago I put my Artic scoop on the B-112 to move dirt today.

Ran the tiller through it after this picture was taken, ready for transplantting now.

This dirty rock was a little harder digging

Thinking of dragging these old timbers in to stack up, fill with gravel til flat then move the picnic table off the driveway.

That project is pretty low on the peckin' order, I was just out close by with the scoop on.:)

Tiger lily's along the driveway? A picnic area? Getting rid of the chicken pens? You're going to have to watch yourself Marty or you're going to find yourself "civilized"! :D:D

' going to find yourself "civilized' been thinking it must be time to move out to the bush Pat, but, working toward turning this place into a honey farm, let the bees do the work, I'll do the play time on the tractors plantting them things that have lotsa flowers. Honey sells for 20 bucks a qt around here, could make a nice 'I ain't working here no more' income. Feeding chickens up here produces eggs worth about 5 dollars a dozen, gave that a long seriou try. If I had chickens again they'd be in a moveable pen to pull around the yard, with 110 v down low and around the top. I'm still a real jerk to some around here for dropping doggies climbing over my burried fences that were 6 foot high, made of good stiff wire.

Tiger lily's along the driveway? A picnic area? Getting rid of the chicken pens? You're going to have to watch yourself Marty or you're going to find yourself "civilized"! Next thing you know you'll be shaving everyday and bathing twice a week.:D:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
After tilling it good a few days ago I put my Artic scoop on the B-112 to move dirt today.
Arctic Scoop? Marty... are there any toys you don't have for those tractors?!:O You seem to pull out some great attachments anytime you have a job to do. You seem to be able to find more toys up there in the tundra than we can find around here. But its great to be able to get work done around the homestead and have fun doing it. What more could you ask for? Great work!

How long of list of toys not yet found you want Mike? no loader, no forklift, no posthole digger, no hydro dump trailer, no rock removing devise, that does what I want. Anyways, I made the scoop couple years ago, still needs a less micky mouse trip on the bucket.

I had a picture of a chicken tractor, but when I search the archives it comes up blank. JH

I found it in my file! It works good, it may work better with rat wire around the bottom. We have a had a guest or two in visiting the chickens. Once a racoon or possum and recently some dogs. JH

OK Marty, I fold. How does one manage to raise chickens and have bee hives when it is 60 below for 3/4 of the year?????

That's my plan John, with a hitch to tow it with a tractor:) '60 below for 3/4 of the year?????' It ain't thaaaaaaaat long Roy. Bees gotta start over ever spring with new ones or spend the money to store them at aout 30 degrees all winter, not cost effective. Chicken, well, my old homestead barn has 2inches of foam insulation plus 2 feet of wood chips around it. Worked good when I had two milk goats in it two. What's left in the picture is about half of the oginal, cut it in half when I got rid of the goats, then had to have a heat pad under the water for the chickens. Underground barn would be the way to go.

Did anyone notice the colors on my chicken tractor? I tell folks that I own a John Deere tractor or at least one that is painted green and yellow. JH