Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
djcgrand

Sunstar attachments question

djcgrand
New member here -- love all the info on here. I recently bought a 1989 Sunstar 20HP with a 48" mower deck. I'm in the market for a few attachments for it. I know a scrap dealer here in town who has a 42" dozer blade (#1691520) and a leaf vacuum trailer collection system (#1600236 and 1690401, it's the type that attaches to the the to the discharge and is belt driven off the mower deck). The blade looks to be a manual raise (it has the arm to attach the pull assembly to, but I don't have the pull assembly). The dealer doesn't know where/ what they came off from. My question is this, will either of these attachments work on my Sunstar? If the blade will attach to my tractor, I'm sure I could improvise with manufacturing a manual lever. It would be great if there was a way to modify to be able to hook it up to the hydraulics to raise and lower. I'm assuming all these attachments are older than my tractor. Any ideas? I can't take them home and see if they'll fit. I also don't want to buy them and find out that I can't attach them. Thanks for the input!

WITom
The Sunstar has a completely different front attachment system than previous Simplicity tractors. I bought an old blade on Ebay (like yours) and made my own hitch for my Sunstar, I did, however, already have the lift rod, but that would not be difficult to fabricate. Get your email addy to me and I'll send a couple of pics of my blade hitch.

comet66
Welcome aboard Dan!! I to modified an older hitch to fit a Sunstar. It will work off your hyd. lift just as the deck does. I'm not too far from you about 100 miles or so near Ann Arbor if you want to take a look at one.

I also have one of the collection systems that drives off the mower deck, and it works very well. I think you will like your Sunstar, I sure like mine.

djcgrand
Thanks for the responses! I'm going with the blade -- the pictures helped quite a bit and I'll try to put something together. It appears that the leaf collection system might not be compatible with the Sunstar. From what I can tell, the Sunstar uses either a rear PTO driven vacuum or a blower unit that attaches right next to the discharge on the mower deck. On the one this guy has the vacuum/blower attaches behind the tractor and is belt driven. comet66 -- do you have any pics of your leaf collection unit? If so, could you post a pic or two? Thanks!