Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Club mentioned in latest QVEA newsletter

Simplicity314

The Quinebaug Valley Engineers Association (QVEA) which sponsors "the Colchester show" mentions us in their May newsletter. The gist of it was about a new tractor club, but we were mentioned: http://www.qvea.org/news/owb/user_pages/page.asp?art_id=206 scroll down to "equipment committee" "Our show has regularly been joined by the Simplicity / AC garden tractor guys, and at this show a new group from www.farmallcub.com held their first (and probably annual) ConnectiCubFest. Forum members came and talked tractors, worked on a couple of projects, and talked tractors a bit more. One of the projects was to get running the QVEA owned C60 power unit, a task that proved to be more than could be accomplished in the field in an afternoon. That unit has been adopted, and after getting a valve job and other needed repairs, will return shortly to the farm. We welcome these groups and any others that wish to make the Zagray Farm Museum a destination and gathering place to talk ‘old iron’."

I tell ya, what a class act those guys are! They have been nothing but wonderful to us. It is my intention to keep the relationship between the two clubs as strong as it is now. I mite try to go to one of their meetings at some point. I would love it, if they would include some of us with their projects around the farm. We mite be small machines, but we can work them good!:D Thanks for posting this Jim.

That's why I haven't joined...I think I've had 3 or so of the application filled out. Their meetings are at the town hall, less than 5 minutes from my house, and the grounds are also in town, which means I'll be the "can you just run over to the farm and check on XXX-guy" Well in a few weeks I will be gutting, replumbing and wiring the kitchen, then paint the exterior of house (already prepped mostly), and I'll be relatively free enough to put some time in at the farm without getting guff from the wife. I know if I join now I will be there waaaay too often! They have a meeting at the end of this month. Let me know if you want to go Elon. If you read the newsletter they are desperate for help getting the grounds ready for the historical heavy equipment show in July, and parking cars during the show. As new recruits, that's wha we'll be doing if we join now, I'm sure!