Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kids Come Out to Play

MPH

Decided the fields were dry enough for some ground engagement time today.:) Started out about 10 this morning robbing 4 more scoops of dirt outta the ole chicken pen, then tilled it into a pass at the edge of the garden

Never got a second front counter wt made this winter so robbed the hitch off a 3 belt blower as it's about 4 inches shorter then a front blade hitch. LL with plow. Oh, after like 4 years now of fighting with hooking the plow to the sleeve hitch the lite came on, put the sleeve hitch on the plow first, THEN pin it to the tractor, piece of cake:)

Time to dirt test them firestones. LOVe 'em

As the plow wanted to float with the 66lb wt hanging out front I had to change to 3 10lb barbell wts. Thanks Tony{my sons}

West field was to mellow of dirt to plow so I tilled it with the 725

plus or minus a few min of one hour straight tilling

LL had double duty, put the disk on it after I got done tilling.

Hit last years dead furrows after tilling, man was that soft.

Last, 4040 with my sorry excuse for a harrow

Called it good at 9pm, fun day

That looks like some real nice dirt. Love that plate you put on the back of the tiller. Nothin' better for a garden than Chicken compost. I think you could hook up anything to that 4040 and it would look good. One of these days...^

Looks like a lot of fun,amazing how much work you can get out of a small tractor. I haven't tried plowing with mine yet. I have a plow from a sears tractor I'll try to set on my B-10, someday when I get a Chance.

Marty; After seeing your front counter weight I'm reminded that old rollers off a concrete mixer make good weights. I built a rear counter weight for the B-10 for use with the snowblower which made lifting almost effortless. I've also made wheel weights out of them -some fit right into the recess on the wheel and I welded allthread to the outside of the roller to bolt them on. Another thing I've found for making adjustable weights are old brake rotors. Stack 'em, rack'em or whatever!! I also like the idea of using the plow frame to hold a front weight. Good job!! Dave

Dave, word of warning on using a plow/blade frame is the length, they have a notion to dig in esp if using a plow where you have one front tire dropped in a furrow. That's why I used a 3 belt blower hitch this time, beings it's about 4 inches shorter, helped a lot. Thanks for the additional ideas to keep an eye out for to use as wts.