Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Took Most of the Crew

MPH

Just to move one Karacanna bush outta the middle of my garden plot, Plus the ole Dodge and a junked van hood, and 4 hours of play time, except when I hadda use the shovel. Dug all around the bush about a foot deep

Then hooked a log chain around it in the bottom of the trench with a choker loop so it could pull tight

That worked pretty good, cut the dirt about a foot thick under most of the bush. Getting it onto an old hood to drag it across the yard was a bit crude as I skinned the bark on some of the branches

Used the tiller to dig the dirt so I could scoop out the new hole, when I hit too much gravel I went and got my tree root digger on the LL, mounted the grader blade on the Big 10 to fill in around the newly located Karacanna bush. Can't imagine only having a couple tractors, wouldda spent way too much time just changing attachments. Course, one with a good loader would have had the whole project done in half an hour:(Hope it's tough, my father-in-law brought it up from Mn 20 some years ago.

Garden with tree stump and bush gone, them tall purple flowers and one shoot that grew off the bush got moved to the edge where I dumped the chicken pen dirt yesterday.

Now what to do with the rest of the day, suppose I should harvest the crop of rocks off the North fieldC

With four tractors at work I think you had sufficient equipment to do the job. Bet you would love a FEL on the PowerMax.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Now what to do with the rest of the day, suppose I should harvest the crop of rocks off the North fieldC
If ya come up with a rock picker for use on one of those tractors, I want detailed building plans!sm01 Got a bumper crop since they chisel plowed this spring! And to think the lawn & garden places around here are actually getting good money for washed field stones!:O

Always a fun project when you get to use the tractors. Hey Marty, when does spring arrive in that beautiful part of the world? I dont see any leaves or buds starting yet. Your state is on the top of the "I wanna go see someday...." list for my wife and myself. Her parents visited years ago and just loved it. Greg

As usual, interesting post Marty. Gotta wonder, do we need that many tractors for a project? Or do we just look for projects that need that many tractors?