Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7116 finished

richp

Finally finished my 7116 (was 7119). Not an accurate resto, but I like it. I am not A big fan of the white hoods, they seem to get stained to quick. Figured I would try the orange hood.

Looks great! It doesn't have to be an accurate resto, the orange is a nice personal touch.

Rich, Looks very good- I have an identical briggs powered Allis 914 due a paint/resto and was considering the vertical stack-did you brace the muffler anywhere? Was also considering AG tires-what brand and size are those?

Looking good there Rich, would look great in the line up at Colchester in the fall!:D

As far as the stack, I haven't figured out an effective brace design yet. Hood comes down too low to catch the head bolts. I'll figure something out. Tires are 23 x 10.5 x 12 Carlisle power trac's. I forget what the fronts are. I think they are for a snowblower.

Very nice. How are you going to use it? If you use it to cut grass let us know how those snowblower tires on the front work out. David

Nice. The orange looks good but the white breaks up the mono color scheme. The front tires look like snow hogs, mainly for snowblowers. Could you run a brace down to the motor mounting bolt?

I just recently purchased a set of the silver decals. They look very good on the orange hood Simplicities. I plan on an orange hood with the silver decals when I restore my 7116H.