Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Idler pulley for my 60" deck

compostibles

I have to replace the arbor belt on my deck on the old ac620 and while I was in there I figured I'd clean things up a bit and poke around. I spun the idler pulley by hand and wasn't too surprised that it wasn't spinning too smoothly at all and grumbling a bit. I figure the bearings are going out on the pulley. Question is, does anyone here have one of these pulley assemblies gathering dust somewhere? and how much of an operation is it to get it extricated and replaced? Thanks Jason

The pulley is pretty easy to find, Dealer or usually a bearing 'house' item. Hang on to the ID spacer until you find the right pulley, sometimes the new spacer has gone missing. The bushing on these idlers usually seizes & requires some 'persuasion' to come out. Once out you'll want to clean it up & use some Marine grade grease on it & keep an eye on it when you clean out under the deck covers from time to time. sm01

If this is what I am thinking, this is the pulley that puts tension on the belt. I have taken this off and cleaned it and greased it with no long term problems. Hope this helps Jack

Most mower parts are still available. The parts you are dealing with I have purchased from Sandy Lake Implement.