Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wanted: Seat

DDP021

I just finished restoring an AC 900 series tractor. To finish the project I had to 'borrow' a seat from my dad's 916 tractor he tills will. :o)....Suffice to say he's not too happy!...haha...Does anyone have a stock 900 series seat that's in good condition for sale? I know this may be a tough order finding one that's not worn or cracked. I tried emailing the Michigan Seat Co. who made the original but never heard back. I even tried bidding on one on eBay but lost out.

I believe you would have better luck in the classified section Dave. Where's UCD when you need him???:) John

Thanks Roy...I was HOPING to find an exact matching seat that came on the tractor but that maybe out of the question. Not too many good seats like that around anymore. :o)
quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Checkout Tractor Supply and Northern Tool. Both carry seats.

Dave, At one time Tractor Supply had a seat that was a direct replacement for a Simplicity. It looked the same and also had the correct bolt holes. I was looking at one. When I went back later to buy one, they didn't have any in stock at the local store. I ended up buying one that was a little different. Authenticity doesn't matter to me. It it looks right on the tractor, what do I care, when I am mowing the grass or dragging a log. All my tractors are workers. No "show queens" around my house. The dings and scratches on mine are earned.

I hear ya Rod...I just had heard about someone ordering one from TSC or someplace and it having a cub cadet logo imprinted on the seat itself..I can't have that!!!..I just primarily like the seat highth on the original. Plus some of these seats you get crack after one year. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with this one we just redid..I have one 900 already for mowing, one that has a tiller on it and a 400 with the snow blower. I also have a 900 we setup for tractor pulling. This latest one was a spring project me and my dad did together. Thanks again for the info.
quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Dave, At one time Tractor Supply had a seat that was a direct replacement for a Simplicity. It looked the same and also had the correct bolt holes. I was looking at one. When I went back later to buy one, they didn't have any in stock at the local store. I ended up buying one that was a little different. Authenticity doesn't matter to me. It it looks right on the tractor, what do I care, when I am mowing the grass or dragging a log. All my tractors are workers. No "show queens" around my house. The dings and scratches on mine are earned.

A few years ago the dealer told me they could still get them. They were something like $114. A different dealer had a Simplicity seat sitting around, it is the same as the 700/900 seats but with different mounting holes, they told me it was for a cub cadet and I got it for $70. At one time there were seat covers for these on Ebay but I haven't seen any for a long time. You might try Sandy Lake Implement, they would probably know where to get one or have a used one. This dealer has sold used seats and was able to get new ones last I checked. www.bertelssales.com You might give them a call.

EXCELLENT..Thanks for all the info..The problem I have is with the seat material itself. Can't do much when its all cracked..I can patch up the metal base. I'll check out your suggestions you gave. Thanks again!
quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
A few years ago the dealer told me they could still get them. They were something like $114. A different dealer had a Simplicity seat sitting around, it is the same as the 700/900 seats but with different mounting holes, they told me it was for a cub cadet and I got it for $70. At one time there were seat covers for these on Ebay but I haven't seen any for a long time. You might try Sandy Lake Implement, they would probably know where to get one or have a used one. This dealer has sold used seats and was able to get new ones last I checked. www.bertelssales.com You might give them a call.