Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

new tread for my Landlord

SimpleTom

well, I haven't done too much to my Landlord but I needed to get new tires for it. The fronts that were on it were Carlisle wheel barrow tires. The backs were original but they both had a couple nails in them. I liked the look of the tri ribs FastPaul has on his 725. He directed me to where he got them. Never heard of the brand Deestone myself but they looked good. I also bought a set of the Deestone Super Lugs. They were just as nice. Here are a few pics.

Tom

Not bad, not bad indeed and is that a Northern seat a see? Looks like a good straight machine.

Looks good Tom , That seat looks good too , Looks like you need to get the right size starter gen. belt

It is a seat from Northern Tool. It is a little smaller than the orig. one but it will do until I can find one. Paul, You are correct about the belt. When I got the engine I got it running on a bench. I was told it came out of a 3410. I got the belt for the 2010 and it was way too tight. So I got a different belt. Then when I went to install the engine I found that I needed to change the flywheel pulley and spacers to the ones from the orig. engine. So that is why it sticks out. I am going to get the right belt for it when I start the restoration. Tom

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230130184950&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=230082760784&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget[/url] [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=230058287349[/url]