Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Injector Pump Leak

steamtoys

HELP!! Picture attached of problem. New member & already in trouble. Just purchased a Simiplicity 7790 & discovered a fuel leak at the top fittings as noted in the picture. Bubbles - a fuel leak appears in the threads that screw into the pump.Top portion of fitting attaches to lines going to the injectors. Are there any gaskets needed in this area or is it just a flare type seal? Lost as where to obtain ehaust or intake manifold gaskets. Any help would be appreciated. User ID: steamtoys

Do you mean # 29 in this pic? If so, it is just a rubber type o-ring, the kind of rubber that will stand up to diesel that is. One of mine started leaking so I ended up carefully taking them both out and replacing the o-ring.

2burning: A Big Thank You for responding to my problem!! Yes it is #29, hated to tear it apart and possibly get into big trouble. Tractor was just purchased 4 days ago, this seems to be my only problem. Tractor looks to have had very little use. Again Thank You Ron (steamtoys)

Lets see, I remember I cleaned off dust and such as good as possible, then removed the injector lines. I can't remember if any other lines need to come off too, but it is tight getting a wrench in there to loosen them both up. There are parts inside that a person would not want to drop or mix up between the individual injection pumps. I placed a clean paper towel over the top of them too while I had the wrench in there to try and keep any dirt from falling in the top of them. I think my kids or wife moved the paper towel I had them in to go get an oring and I about had a heart attack :O

2burning: Thanks for the added info. I was wondering if I would have to pull the whole pump assembly or just be able to take out the top fitting (29 in your picture)that connects to the injector line. Looks like it might help to remove the exhaust manifold to gain a little more room. Something that I think is great I also have a spare Engine - Lombardini that was taken out of a 7790 running tractor. Again Thank You Ron Sure wish you were closer.