Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Got Stripes !!

FastPaul

Thats some motivation for me to get my tractor finished. I'll consider myself lucky to have stripes that look half as good as yours!!!

Those are mighty nice looking Paul. Mine is almost green now, another week or two I should get some new ones laid down.

Ok but two shades of green paint don't count!:D}:) Wish I could get my lawn looking like that!:O:( Very nice Paul.

Hey Paul, Did you put down chalk lines to get them that straight? :D:D:D That lawn looks like a golf fairway on TV!!! Great job

Nice stripes! being new to this and hearing all about stripes i have to ask what makes them stripes? sorry i have to know. my mtd won't due that but hoping my 6218 will when finished:o)

"Now that's one beautiful lawn!!" ^ I agree. All I need is some rain so mine will turn green again.

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld
Ok but two shades of green paint don't count!
nor does applying your fertilizer in stripes. I think he must have the auto-steering option. nice

Awesome job, Paul. I have a hard time getting mine that straight, but I run up and down a few grades. Lighting means a lot to how good stripes show up. Looks like you have almost a rear-lighting situation there. Beautiful. Tacey

The stripes are made by the rear rollers on the deck and mowing adjacent passes in opposite directions.

How ya' gonna convince people that you did that with a thirty or thirty five year old tractor????:D?sm01

I do not get good stripes when I mow my lawn. I was wondering what your mowing height is. I mow mine pretty short. I would think that longer grass would have better stripes.

Paul, those stripes are better than picture perfect!!! dOd^ But, I have a challenge for you... These are pics from a contest Simplicity had a few years back. If you can give us a picture of a unique pattern like these,

I will pay your dues, out of my pocket for 1 year!!! Are you up for a challenge???

OK guys, Thank you for all your nice comments.Ok Elon , No green paint but it might be cheaper than what i got into my lawn , George , No chalk lines One steady hand on the wheel and one hand on a beer LOL . Chris all I can tell you is it was very expensive seed ,well worth it .Don, Auto steering?Just one steady hand an a very nice 68 B-12 !! Rich , Deck height, 3 1/4" Matt B-12 turns very sharp not a big chore at all. Rodney , the longer you cut it the more distinctive your stripes will be, Thanks again guys Oh I almost forgot Shanon Your on !!